Wednesday 30 January 2013

Sleeping with the light on

It's 00.30 and once again I am wide awake having a slight panic about my irrational (well in my mind, very rational) fear of being in a house on my own in the dark. That one tiny little creak or tap I hear is clearly a burglar or scary monster breaking into and walking around my house downstairs. Of course I know (very very deep down) that it's not, and there must be some explanation. The annoying thing is I am usually fine all evening, until I turn the lights off and my mind decides to remind me that we haven't freaked out about the noises of the night in a while. I've even just sent the cat downstairs to have a check for me. I've heard nothing from her so I'm assuming *knock on wood*, that everything is ok.
I am now coming to the conclusion that it may be the gerbil trying to chew her way out of her cage, attempting to do a shawshank redemption type escape. I think I might just get up and take a look anyway. And take the baseball bat with me just in case...

No comments:

Post a Comment